We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join Core Engineering at one of the world’s biggest publishers; to help us unify our deployment platforms into one that serves our engineers globally.
Our challenge is to make a single global, highly resilient platform for the product engineering team from the existing, successful parts we’ve already built. It is our responsibility to bring all of this together into a coherent, consistent and usable system. Alongside this we’re also maintaining the existing platforms, and supporting our product engineers.
● AWS – for most of our infrastructure
● Terraform – infrastructure as code
● Kubernetes – our platform
● CircleCi – Deployment
● Java – One of our deployment tools
● Go – our preferred language for building auxiliary services
● Datadog, Kibana, Elastic search – for observing our platform
How we work
● Infrastructure as Code everywhere
● Pairing. We like knowledge sharing and upskilling
● Remote friendly. We work with engineers across time zones & locations
● (Oncall – teams are responsible for their own apps)
● You’re a software engineer with 3-5 years of experience.
● You have a BE / BTech or equivalent experience
● You love working with a global team and are flexible to adjust hours accordingly – preferably UK hours.
● You will be working with a global team and need to be accommodative of different time-zones as required
● You would like to develop a large scale cutting edge platform to support the deployment of hundreds of applications
● Raise the bar on all work, and share best practices
● A desire to automate everything
● You have extensive experience in Java
● You’ve used and supported Kubernetes in a production environment
● Elasticsearch experience
● AWS experience in production (capable of debugging network issues, familiarity with AWS resources such as auto-scaling groups and everything surrounding it: VPCs, security groups, ELBs etc.)